Subdomains -- names that come before the root note of your domain, such as "subdomain.example.com" or "www.example.com" -- are used to organize content on your site. To create a subdomain for your domain, please do the following:
- Log in to your account and find the domain for which you wish to set up a subdomain. Click on the DNS button for that domain.
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the page to the "Subdomains and Advanced DNS Records" section
- In the left-most text field, enter the term you wish to use for your subdomain, such as "info" or "www". Don't worry about writing the "." afterward -- our system will fill it in for you automatically.
- Select the type of record you'll be using to connect your subdomain to its resolving address. You can select from A Record, CNAME Record, Frame Forward, Header Forward and MX Record.
- In the right-most text field, enter the address to which your subdomain will point. Be sure to enter an address that corresponds to the record type you've selected.
- Click "Save" to save your changes.