A URL forward (also called URL redirect) allows you to direct your domain name to another URL. URL-forwarding is useful for pointing your domain name to a website that already has its own "primary" URL, such as your social media page. In other words, URL-forwarding makes it possible to access a web page from multiple URL addresses.
Here's how to forward your domain name to another URL:
- Log in to your account and click the Forwards button next to the domain you wish to modify.
- Select Forward (your domain) to.
- In the forward your domain to field, type the URL you want your domain name to forward to.
- Locate the dropdown menu next to your URL forward, and select Header or Frame* forward. Selecting Header will make the redirection visible in a web browser's address bar. Selecting Frame will display the website in a frame, and disguise the URL redirect in visitors' browsers' address bars.
- Click "Save" to save your changes.
If you wish to forward another domain you own when you're finished, select it from the drop-down menu next to "Manage Web-Forwards For".
*Because some websites do not accept frame forwards, we recommend checking with the web host of your destination URL to see if they support frame forwarding before setting one up. Frame-forwarding your domain may cause the destination website to perform incorrectly when accessed from your domain name.