A URL forward (also called URL redirect) allows you to direct your domain name to another URL. URL-forwarding is useful for pointing your domain name to a website that already has its own "primary" URL, such as your social media page. In other words, URL-forwarding makes it possible to access a web page from multiple URL addresses.
Here's how to forward your domain name to another URL:
- Log into your account and click the Forwards button next to the domain you wish to modify.
- Select Forward (your domain) to.
- In the forward your domain to field, type the URL you want your domain name to forward to.
- Locate the dropdown menu next to your URL forward, and select Header or Frame* forward. Selecting Header will make the redirection visible in a web browser's address bar. Selecting Frame will display the website in a frame, and disguise the URL redirect in visitors' browsers' address bars.
- Click "Save" to save your changes.
If you wish to forward another domain you own when you're finished, select it from the drop-down menu next to "Manage Web-Forwards For".
*Since Frame Forwards display the destination URL in a frame, we recommend asking the web host of your destination URL about potential display or performance issues before setting up a frame forward. Some websites do not accept frame forwards. Frame-forwarding your domain may cause the website to display or perform incorrectly when accessed via your domain name.