This article explains how to create custom TXT records for registered domain names at United Domains.
A TXT Record (short for "text record") is a type of DNS Record that provides text information to sources other than your domain name. A TXT Record can contain letters, numbers, and symbols.
Note: You must have your domain name pointed to United Domains' name servers to add a TXT record from your United Domains account. Click here for information about changing your name servers.
To add a TXT Record, first log in to your United Domains account, then follow these steps:
- Find the domain you want to customize, and click the DNS button next to it.
- Scroll to the DNS Records area, and click the Add button to create a new DNS Record.
- If your TXT record has a Host or Domain value, enter it in the Subdomain field.
- Click the Record Type dropdown menu and select TXT Record.
- Under the Value column, enter the TXT Record's value.
- Click Save.